Before Hardwood Installation
At Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you can expect the following before your hardwood installation:
- We will walk you through the installation process before the day arrives. During this time, you can ask any questions you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day. This is for their safety and ours.
- You should complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on the day of the installation.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room or rooms in question.
During Hardwood Installation
The Steve Hubbard Floor Covering hardwood installation process includes the following steps:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, adhesives will be spread on your subflooring, and hardwood planks will be laid individually. Our crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the room's layout while ensuring no gaps exist.
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, our crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- Our crew will clean up and complete our QA checklist.
After Hardwood Installation
After your hardwood installation with Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you should expect the following:
- A walk-through of the installation/job site with our team.
- Some lingering installation smells. Run a fan or open windows to address these. This is especially true with hardwood flooring.
- A recommendation to stay off your hardwood for 24 hours to allow the materials to settle.
- Open lines of communication with our team.