Before Laminate Installation
At Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you can expect the following before your laminate installation:
- We will walk you through the installation process before the day arrives. During this time, you can ask any questions you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day. This is for their safety and ours.
- You should complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on the day of the installation.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room or rooms in question.
During Laminate Installation
The Steve Hubbard Floor Covering laminate installation process includes the following steps:
- We will prepare your flooring for installation.
- Your laminate planks may need to be acclimated to the room's temperature.
- Our crew will trim door jams and install the underlayment.
- Laminate floors will be connected using an interlocking system, "a floating floor," while others may require an adhesive. Depending on which installation method you choose, installation times may vary.
- Our team will complete our QA and clean-up work.
After Laminate Installation
After your laminate installation with Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you should expect the following:
- A walk-through of the installation/job site with our team.
- Some lingering installation smells. Run a fan or open windows to address these. This is especially true with laminate flooring.
- A recommendation to stay off your laminate for 24 hours to allow the materials to settle.
- Open lines of communication with our team.