Before Tile Installation
At Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you can expect the following before your tile installation:
- We will walk you through the installation process before the day arrives. During this time, you can ask any questions you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day. This is for their safety and ours.
- You should complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on the day of the installation.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room or rooms in question.
During Tile Installation
The Steve Hubbard Floor Covering tile installation process includes the following steps:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- The tile installation process will involve our crew mixing the mortar and applying it to the floor using a trowel. From there, the tile will be laid down on the mortar.
- Our crew will work to ensure that no gaps exist.
- Our crew will use spacers to ensure the proper placement of the individual tiles, finishing with the edges of your floors.
- We will end with grouting, sealing, and cleanup!
After Tile Installation
After your tile installation with Steve Hubbard Floor Covering, you should expect the following:
- A walk-through of the installation/job site with our team.
- Some lingering installation smells. Run a fan or open windows to address these.
- A recommendation to stay off your tile for 24 hours to allow the materials to settle.
- Open lines of communication with our team.